The Charlotte Motor Speedway has been the Mecca of Motorsports for over fifty years, attracting fans from throughout NASCAR country and nationwide to partake in this great American ritual. Seating 134,000 fans on a typical race weekend at the Speedway, NASCAR is one of the biggest professional sports industries in America. Charlotte is a hub for fans with the Hall of Fame and numerous team shops throughout town. If you’re looking for a NASCAR vacation, head to town for one of the famous Charlotte Motor Speedway events happening this year.
Once the site of a working Civil War plantation, the Speedway is now home to a 1.5 mile Superspeedway as well as the Charlotte Motor Speedway Dirt Track and a zMAX Dragway. There is a variety of Charlotte Motor Speedway events to enjoy during your visit to the area. For a quaint accommodation, book a luxurious Davidson Village Inn room, which will afford you the opportunity to explore more of the area.
Here are some of the Charlotte Motor Speedway upcoming events:
- Spring AutoFair – From Thursday, April 7 through Sunday, April 10, enjoy a car lovers extravaganza. With thousands of hot rods, muscle cars, exotic sports cars and class automobiles to check out, this is the perfect event for car lovers near and far.
- NHRA Four-Wide Nationals – Come out to the zMAX Dragway on April 22 through the 24 to see the fastest accelerating machines in the country. The event boasts great categories like Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle in four-wide drag races that will surely make your insides rumble.
- NASCAR Spring All-Star Race – At the 31st annual event on May 21 the winners of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will duke it out for the $1 million prize.
- Hisense 300 – NASCAR XFINITY regulars will take on various NASCAR Spring Cup Series competitors in a 300-mile race. This is an excellent and affordable option for a family event with free entry for children 13 and under.
- Coca-Cola 600 – This is the longest race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series at 600 miles. May 29 will mark the 57th annual Coca-Cola 600, one of the most intense Charlotte Motor Speedway events.
- Circle K Back-to-School Monster Truck Bash – Returning to The Dirt Track the 13 of August, this event promises unbelievable action, noise, and the crunching metal of five-ton machines. This is an excellent way to bring in the end of summer with the kids.
- Fall Auto Fair – September 22 through the 25 the Charlotte AutoFair is a conglomeration of hotrods, muscle cars, exotic sports cars, and classic automobiles by the thousands. This is every car lovers dream and a wonderful way to spend the weekend, with a collector car auction, vendor displays, a PlayZone for the kids, and excellent food.
The Charlotte metropolitan area is a great place to visit if you’re a NASCAR fan or just love cars. There are numerous places around that will feed your desire to learn more about these fascinating machines, their history, and their sports capabilities. The Davidson Village Inn is frequented by sports enthusiasts and will offer you exclusive accommodations without the downtown Charlotte prices, and include our delicious and fresh breakfasts each morning. For more information on things to do in Davidson, NC, request our free Davidson Vacation Guide.