Out of precaution and to safeguard our guests and staff health, we are sharing additional practices implemented at our Inn to mitigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat in our facility and the greater Davidson/Lake Norman community.
We pride ourselves in our cleanliness standards and to reassure you that this is not a new commitment, we are delighted to share with you that we have an Environmental Health grading of 100% and 98% in Hospitality and Food Sanitation respectively. AAA has awarded us the Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping in 2020 and we have a solid 5 Star Rating on Cleanliness on TripAdvisor.
Additional Procedures implemented by our team are listed below. Please note that standard Environmental Health Practices are not included in this list (it would be endless).
- We have enforced new social distancing protocols and safety measures (see below). As a small 18-room Inn we are able to minimize group gatherings and offer a quaint, welcoming, private and safe environment during your stay.
- Air purification is the first line of defense (given that germs can be transmitted through the air) which is why we have placed Smart True HEPA Air Purifiers, 5-in-1 Large Room Air Cleaners in every floor.
- Disinfectants are now being used when cleaning all room surfaces, including desks, night tables, door knobs, vanities, remote controls, light switches, etc.
- All public areas including restrooms, door knobs, tables, elevator buttons, handrails, etc. are disinfected throughout the day.
- Rooms are being aired out between guests.
- Hand sanitizer gel is made available to guests on all floors.
- Staff is required to wash their hands at least once an hour throughout the day.
- Staff is required to wipe all front desk and office materials including phones, pens, pencils, staplers and any other tools used by staff and/or guests.
New Social Distancing and Covid-19 Protocols:
- Front Desk and Housekeeping hours are presently from 9am to 5pm weekdays and revised on a day-by-day basis depending on occupancy.
- Breakfast will be delivered from Famous Toastery at 8am every morning. Guests are to pick up breakfast in the first floor. This measure avoids gathering in breakfast area.
- Housekeepers will not access guest bedrooms until guests have checked-out. There is no daily housekeeping service being offered.
- Additional needs for toiletries or towels can be arranged with the Front Desk staff between 7:30am and 5pm.
- Guest communication will be handled primarily via text. Please be sure to accept and be alert to our text messages.
- All guests will be provided instructions for contact-less Self Check In.
- All guests are required to wear masks and keep 6′ apart from staff and other guests while in house.
- The Inn reserves the right to take guest temperature and may decline access if guests appear to have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Only one person or family will be allowed in elevator at a time to prevent close proximity amongst guests and staff.
- Hallways will be operating on a one-way direction (clockwise) to minimize unintended proximity with other guests and staff.
- Indoor Staircase will be use only to access the rooms and exit from the Inn will be managed through our outdoor stairs.
- Afternoon tea will NOT be offered to reduce gatherings.
For more information and to stay updated on what the State of North Carolina is doing, please click this link. It is imperative that we all play an active role in this process, so please be sure to follow some best Individual and Family practices. Click here for Davidson College updates.
We appreciate you choosing the Davidson Village Inn and we are humbled to count with your trust and support as we all join together in preventing the further spread of the COVID-19 virus.