Additional Sanitation Practices & Measures in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Out of an abundance of caution in safeguarding our guests and staff health, we are sharing additional practices implemented at our Inn to mitigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat in our facility and the greater Davidson/Lake Norman community.
We pride ourselves in our cleanliness standards and to reassure you that this is not a new commitment, we are delighted to share with you that we have an Environmental Health grading of 96% and 98% in Hospitality and Food Sanitation respectively. AAA has awarded us the Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping in 2020 and we have a solid 5 Star Rating on Cleanliness on TripAdvisor.
Additional Procedures implemented by our team are listed below. Please note that standard Environmental Health Practices are not included in this list (it would be endless).
- We have enforced social distancing protocols (see below). As a small 18-room Inn we are able to minimize group gatherings and offer a quaint, welcoming and private environment during your stay.
- Air purification is the first line of defense (given that germs can be transmitted through the air) which is why we have placed Smart True HEPA Air Purifiers, 5-in-1 Large Room Air Cleaners in every floor.
- Disinfectants are now being used when cleaning all room surfaces, including desks, night tables, door knobs, vanities, remote controls, light switches, etc.
- All public areas including restrooms, door knobs, tables, elevator buttons, etc. are disinfected throughout the day.
- Rooms are being aired out between guests.
- Disinfectant spray is used in every room and hallways daily.
- Disinfecting wipes are made available to guests upon request at Front Desk.
- Staff are required to wash their hands at least once an hour throughout the day.
- Staff are required to wipe all front desk and office materials including phones, pens, pencils, staplers and any other tools used by staff.
New Social Distancing Protocols:
- Temporary Front Desk Hours are now from 8am to 5pm.
- All guests will be provided instructions for Self Check In.
- Breakfast and afternoon tea will NOT be offered to reduce gatherings.
- Daily housekeeping services will NOT be offered until check out. Front desk can provide extra towels and amenities.
For more information and to stay updated on what the State of North Carolina is doing, please click this link. It is imperative that we all play an active role in this process, so please be sure to follow some best Individual and Family practices. Click here for Davidson College updates.
We appreciate you choosing the Davidson Village Inn and we are humbled to count with your trust and support as we all join together in preventing the further spread of the COVID-19 virus.