Charming shops, exciting events, and miles of scenic shoreline are waiting for you in the Davidson, North Carolina, area! From horseback rides to theatrical performances, there’s something for everyone. After your visit, you’re sure to leave with lasting memories and wish you could stay for at least one more day. Don’t just take a vacation — experience a one-of-a-kind adventure with these things to do in Davidson, NC, and at Lake Norman! Scroll down to see our favorites, and explore our free Travel Guide to discover even more local tips!
Experience the Best Things to Do in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- 1. Explore Downtown Davidson
- 2. Spend an Afternoon at Lake Norman
- 3. Dine at Nearby Restaurants
- 4. Immerse Yourself in Our Local Culture and Entertainment
- 5. Explore Fascinating Museums
- 6. Support the Davidson College Wildcats
- 7. Catch a Professional Sports Game
- 8. Embark on Outdoor Adventures
- 9. Join the Excitement at Local Events
- 10. Stay at Davidson Village Inn to Experience It All!
1. Explore Downtown Davidson
For incredible dining and shopping in Davidson, NC, look no further than our lively downtown area. Here, you can enjoy Southern charm in a delightful, small-town atmosphere. Stroll along the flower-lined sidewalks as you explore our unique shops and restaurants. If you don’t know where to start, consider some of these popular options!
- Get a taste for our local cuisine on the Tour De Food
- Browse unique items at the Village Store
- Find fresh, delicious foods at the Davidson Farmer’s Market
- Have a spooky good time on a Davidson Ghost Walk Tour
2. Spend an Afternoon at Lake Norman
Featuring 520 miles of scenic shoreline, Lake Norman is the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas. It’s not only beautiful to look at — it’s also an incredible source of adventure and excitement near Davidson! The list of things to do at Lake Norman is endless, from paddling across the water to sitting on the lakebed and reeling in some trophy catches. Here are a few of the ways to take advantage of this magnificent destination!
- Rent a boat, jet ski, paddle board or kayak for the day with WhatsUpLakeNorman
- Try your luck fishing for bass and catfish
- Take a ride on a cycle boat with friends
- Set sail on a Queen’s Landing Dinner Cruise
Would you be interested in exclusive discounts on some of these Lake Norman adventures? We thought so! Take a look at our Kayaking & Paddle Boarding Special to learn more!
3. Dine at Nearby Restaurants
When hunger strikes, you’re never too far away from a delicious meal. Davidson is home to so many excellent restaurants with enticing menus to satisfy any craving. Many of them are also within walking distance of the Davidson Village Inn! While you’re in the area, consider grabbing a table at some of these spots:
- Kindred: Stylish, chef-driven hot spot with sidewalk seating, showcasing unique takes on American classics.
- Hello, Sailor: A new restaurant on Lake Norman from the owners of Kindred. Grabbing a meal here is one of the best things to do in Cornelius, NC, nearby.
- Il Bosco: Quaint, authentic Italian dining offering seasonal Italian dishes, unique wines, desserts, and espresso.
- Flatiron: Eclectic new American fare featuring local ingredients, wood-smoked meats, and an excellent beer selection.
- Brickhouse: A refurbished cotton mill turned into a sleek, bustling sports bar with American eats as well as a fantastic beer list.
- Mestizo: Contemporary Mexican cuisine with a delightful outdoor patio.
- Soda Shop: Affordable family dining and ice cream in a historical setting.
- Mandolino’s: Build your own, or take your pick from a variety of specialty artisan pizzas.
- Davidson Ice House: This family-owned business, set in a historic structure built in 1922, is the place to go for healthy, flexitarian food.
- Summit Coffee: Stop in for a freshly brewed cup of coffee or to check out Open Mic Nights.
Remember to take advantage of our Davidson Dining Special during your stay with us! It’s a fantastic add-on if you’re looking to enjoy a meal at some of the best restaurants in Davidson, NC.
4. Immerse Yourself in Our Local Culture and Entertainment
After a gourmet meal at a nearby restaurant, top off your evening with a local show! We’re proud to have so many talented artists and performers call Davidson their home. During your stay, you can watch breathtaking plays and attend remarkable concerts. Plus, the venues are just minutes away from our boutique hotel!
- Catch a show by the Davidson Community Players
- Attend a stunning performance by the Charlotte Ballet
- Listen to the beautiful sounds of the Charlotte Symphony
- See everything from films to Broadway plays at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Don’t forget to take advantage of our Davidson Theater Experience special when you see a show! Redeem free tickets or enjoy discounts on admission!
5. Explore Fascinating Museums
Take a break from the mundane and let your curiosity lead you through noteworthy exhibits at our local museums! There’s plenty to explore here whether you’re an art lover or history buff. You can even check out a variety of additional museums in Charlotte, just a short drive away! Here are a few attractions that are sure to pique your interest!
- See 20th-century artwork at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Enjoy fun for all ages at Discovery Place
- Learn fascinating stories at The Charlotte Museum of History
- Explore rotating exhibits at the Levine Museum
- Browse unique paintings and crafts at the Wooden Stone Gallery
6. Support the Davidson College Wildcats
Since its establishment in 1837, Davidson College consistently proves to be one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Check out some of their fabulous speakers, culture, and art events this year. Their beautiful, sprawling campus is right near our inn! You can also see their Division I sports teams play an impressive array of competitors from across the country.
- Spectate a Davidson Wildcats football game
- Cheer on the Davidson basketball team
- Catch a performance by the Davidson College Theatre Department
- Take a delightful tour of the campus
If you’re interested in seeing a Wildcats game this season, check out our Davidson College Football Special. You can get free tickets to the games and stay right near Richardson Stadium!
(Photo Credit: Tim Cowie / DavidsonPhotos.com)
7. Catch a Professional Sports Game
While our college sports offer plenty of excitement for spectators, you can enjoy professional sports here, too! We are close enough for you to easily enjoy all of the things to do in Charlotte, NC. Grab tickets to watch professional football, basketball, and baseball. The thrill you can experience at one of these games is unmatched!
- Grab a seat for an adrenaline-pumping Carolina Panthers football game
- Watch the high-intensity action at a Charlotte Hornets basketball game
- Enjoy a classic pastime at a Charlotte Knights baseball game
8. Embark on Outdoor Adventures
No matter when you visit Davidson, you can find our area filled with natural beauty. Hike through wildflowers in spring, relax by the water each summer, immerse yourself in fall foliage, and enjoy our winter wonderland during the holidays! Get closer to nature with these fantastic outdoor activities in the Davidson area!
- Saddle up for a horseback ride
- Hike along scenic trails
- Spend an afternoon at local parks
- Rent a bicycle and explore the area
If you haven’t realized it already, we offer incredible specials and packages to enhance your experiences. These outdoor adventures are no exception! Take a look at our options for horseback riding, mountain biking, and cycling!
9. Join the Excitement at Local Events
While you’re here, make sure you don’t miss out on our upcoming festivals and events in Davidson, North Carolina! In addition to holiday celebrations, our community calendar includes concerts, markets, and fairs. Mark your calendars and plan ahead so you can attend!
- April is For Arts | Davidson | April
- Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games | Huntersville | April
- Concerts on the Green | Davidson | May – September
- North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival | Huntersville | May
- Amazing Maize Maze | Huntersville | September – November
- Carolina Renaissance Festival | Huntersville | October – November
- Rural Hill Sheepdog Trials and Dog Festival | Huntersville | November
- Christmas in Davidson | Davidson | December
10. Stay at Davidson Village Inn to Experience It All!
Now, it’s time to turn your daydreams into reality and experience these incredible activities! In order to do so, we invite you to stay at the Davidson Village Inn. We are a short walk from the charming downtown area and only minutes away from Lake Norman and Charlotte. Plus, with 18 luxurious rooms and top-of-the-line amenities, our accommodations are second to none. A stay at our boutique hotel is another one of the best experiences in Davidson!
Once you visit us once, you’ll want to keep coming back again and again. Check our availability, book your stay, and start your unforgettable Davidson experience!