Stunning foliage, amazing weather and smaller crowds are some of Central North Carolina’s greatest reasons for visiting in the fall. From long weekend getaways to extended stays, there are many fun things to do in Davidson, NC this fall.
Scenic Fall Foliage
North Carolina simply glows during late October when fall foliage peaks. Check out our blog on the best places to catch a glimpse of the beautiful variety of changing leaves in Central North Carolina.
October kicks off the beginning of some of the best fly fishing in North Carolina. Trout and smallmouth bass are aplenty, temps are still mild, and the serenity of nature abounds. Here are some of our favorite local fishing spots.
- Lake Norman — The lake allows for recreational vessels, but there are some quieter, tucked away spots for great fly fishing and competitions.
- Mountain Island Lake — Although a lake, this location has a shoreline that resembles a river. Have your own watercraft? That’s the best way to reach the most ideal fishing spots. Less than a half-hour drive from Davidson.
- Mitchell River — About an hour’s drive from the inn and known as one of the best places for trout fishing in NC, this stocked lake ensures that you will hook some.
Don’t have your own gear? No worries. Davidson Village Inn has partnered with a local outfitter who offers a fly fishing experience with equipment included.
Unique and Quirky Fun
- Build Your Own Boat Competition — Are you a wannabe mariner looking for some out-of-the-box fun? This competition is sure to float your boat. Test your vessel on the Whitewater Center’s rapids — the most seaworthy vessel wins. Competitions are generally scheduled in October.
- Abandoned Henry River Mill Village — Located less than an hour from our inn, discover this abandoned historic village that was used to shoot scenes from the Hunger Games. Rumor has it, this place may be haunted.
At Davidson Village Inn, you will enjoy a good night’s sleep in a plush bed ensconced in Comphy Company luxurious linens in one of our 18 guestrooms. Before heading out for the day, enjoy a delish breakfast at the Inn from our favorite, Famous Toastery, and the delightful aromatic smells of our local Summit Coffee. Talk about starting the day off right!