Things to Do in Davidson and Lake Norman
“The Town of Davidson is committed to preserving the small-town appeal of Davidson by presenting community events and supporting historic preservation with economic development to keep the downtown district prosperous and vital.”
There are always plenty of things to see and do in Davidson, NC, and nearby Lake Norman. No matter if you are traveling here for the first time or live nearby and visit often, be sure to check out our Davidson, NC Travel Guide. This guide is packed with tips on upcoming festivals, outdoor recreation, local shopping and restaurants you will want to try. The best thing about the guide is that it’s free!
For wonderful shopping, delicious restaurants, and numerous entertainment opportunities, look no further than our vibrant downtown area. Experience southern charm and a small-town feel with all the things to do in Davidson, North Carolina. With a multitude of shops, wide sidewalks, a community library and flowers everywhere, exploring downtown is a great way to spend an afternoon. We are also home to the Davidson Farmers Market which is open every Saturday from 8:00 to 12:00. If you have a chance, catch a performance by the Davidson Community Players, our local theater group!
Since its establishment in 1837, Davidson college is consistently regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Exploring their beautiful, sprawling campus is one of the best things to do in Davidson. With their Division 1 sports program, including their popular football team, the college plays an amazing array of teams from across the country.
Check out some of the fabulous speakers, culture, and art events happening on campus, or go on a tour of the Davidson College campus.
At 34 miles long with 520 miles of shoreline, Lake Norman is the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas. The lake offers plenty of activities including boating, kayaking, water skiing, wakeboarding, rowing, fishing, sailing and more Lake Norman activities.
Recommended Dining (Walking Distance):
Kindred – Stylish chef-driven hot spot with sidewalk seating showcasing unique takes on American classics.
Il Bosco – Quaint authentic Italian dining with a patio offering seasonal Italian dishes & unique wines, plus desserts & espresso.
Flatiron – Eclectic New American fare with local sourcing, including wood-smoked meats, plus a beer emphasis.
Brickhouse – A refurbished cotton mill turned sleek, bustling sports bar with American eats & a fantastic beer list.
Mestizo – Contemporary Mexican Cuisine.
Soda Shop – Affordable family dining and ice cream in a historic setting.
Mandolino’s – Artisan Pizza.
Other links that may be of interest to you:
- Davidson Destination Guide (Our Very Own Links to Key Activities in the Area)
- Visit Lake Norman (Things to Do)
- Davidson College Events
- The Town of Davidson – Community Calendar
- Carolina Paddle Water Sports
- Village Store
- Davidson Community Players (Theater)
- Farmer’s Market (not to be missed*) Click here for a Farmer’s Market video.
- Spirited Cyclist (Bike Rentals)
Arts, Entertainment, and Museums
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Charlotte Ballet
- Charlotte Symphony
- Discovery Place
- The Charlotte Museum of History
Annual Festivals & Events
- April is For Arts | Davidson | April
- Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games | Huntersville | April
- Concerts on the Green | Davidson | May – September
- North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival | Huntersville | May
- Rural Hill Sheepdog Trials and Dog Festival | Huntersville | November
- Carolina Renaissance Festival | Huntersville | October – November
- Christmas in Davidson | Davidson | December
Want some expert advice? Our staff knows all the best places to see in the area. Whether you want to design the perfect weekend, vacation stop, or spectacular getaway to celebrate a special occasion, we’re here to help! Contact us or explore our rooms and suites today.
In addition to sightseeing, the Town of Davidson has a dynamic schedule of events including concerts, open-air markets, fairs, and festivals. Check out the Events Guide provided by DavidsonNews.net for a list of some upcoming local events.