Autumn is a wonderful time of year to visit North Carolina. While the summer heat subsides and is replaced by the fall foliage and generally more inviting outdoor activities, visitors flock to charming small towns all over the state like Davidson to appreciate their colorful October charm. Aside from marveling at the kaleidoscope of colors around Lake Norman, something to look forward to when visiting during this time of year are all the spooky events for Halloween in Charlotte NC.
Whether you’re the type that wants to scream at a haunted house, take a walk through a corn maze in the dark, find the perfect pumpkin in a patch, or hear some ghost stories, you’ll find something you love among the myriad things to do for Halloween in Charlotte NC.
- Boogerwoods – Rated the Most Entertaining Haunt in the Carolinas, Boogerwoods should be number one on your hauntings to visit for Halloween in Charlotte NC. Opening for tours on October 22nd, you can expect to be thoroughly spooked here. They are set apart by the guides that lead you through their many scenes depicting earthquakes, twisters, zombies, dinosaurs, clowns, an endless vortex and off putting 3D rooms. Whatever you find more frightening, you’re sure to find it here.
- Scarowinds – At the famous Carowinds you’ll find the wonderfully woozy Scarowinds, an event to remember for Halloween in Charlotte NC. This is a professional amusement park version of all things scary so get ready to be convinced. Not only do you get to enjoy the holiday’s special attractions, but can also get admission to the whole park!
- The Haunted Mill – With 115 years of documented ghost activity, the Haunted Mill is the place to come if you are looking for real live spooks. Forty actors will depict scenes reported to have happened at this old mill throughout the years., meaning that this is not an attraction for the timid!
- Hickory Grove Haunted Trail – Located at the Mountain View Golf Center, Hickory Grove is an outdoor attraction that has been a favorite way to experience Halloween in Charlotte NC for the past 22 years. Opening for the season on September 25th on weekends only, don’t miss a good outdoor spook!
- Ghost Walk at Latta Plantation – Latta Plantation has long been known for its many ghost stories and will be telling some good ones on October 23rd and 24th at 7pm via a guided walk along a haunted trail. They are also hosting an All Hallows Eve celebration on October 31st all day long.
- Amazing Maize at Rural Hill – Opening September 12th, this giant maze offers over two miles of paths to traverse and get lost in. You can visit Rural Hill to enjoy live music and bonfires!
There are plenty of ways to have a fright or simply enjoy the harvest season during Halloween in Charlotte NC. Whether you’re looking for something kid-friendly, or to truly test your blood pressure, you’ll find it among these numerous attractions.
For more ideas of things to do while visiting the area, check out this free Davidson vacation guide!