When you visit Davidson, you will notice that our town is very much shaped by Davidson College and its campus. Since its establishment in 1837, Davidson College has consistently been regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. This is due, in part, to the fabulous location of Davidson College, where students can be in the middle of everything, yet also, get away from it all. Whether you are a prospective student, alum, or casual visitor, a Davidson College tour of campus will be well worth your time. Here are 5 reasons why you should take a Davidson College tour during your next visit to Davidson, NC.
- Choosing a college or university is a huge decision. Davidson College offers high school seniors the opportunity to experience a Senior Overnight. Prospective students can see what the college is like after hours and will give the opportunity to connect with current students. During this unique opportunity, students can choose to live like a first-year student by attending a lecture, have a meal in Vail Commons or sit-in on one of the many student organization meetings.
- On your Davidson college campus tour, carve out time to visit a class. What better way to see what your school experience will be like than to sit in on a lecture. Those interested in sitting in on a class will need to contact the Admission Office. Attending a class will allow you to meet the professor and how a typical class is run.
- Get the latest news about the Davidson College Wildcats on a Davidson College campus tour! Davidson College athletics features 11 men’s sports teams and 10 women’s sports teams, most of which joined the Atlantic 10 Conference in July 2014. While you’re on campus, check out the Baker Sports Complex. The Baker Sports Complex is home to sports events, locker rooms, 2 weight rooms, 3 racquetball courts, a dance studio, and a modern athletic training room. You can also check out the Davidson cross country course which is behind the Complex.
- Davidson College hosts Open House Programs for high school Juniors and Seniors who want to get to know the college a little better. This June, the McNab program will host the McNab Alumni Legacy Program. This specific program helps children and grandchildren of Davidson alumni through the process of the college search and application process. Many other college professionals will be on hand at this Davidson college tour for any questions that may arise.
- Another great reason to schedule a Davidson campus tour is to see the beauty and history of the school. The Eumenean and Philanthropic Halls on campus were built in the 1800’s and are still used today. Brick walkways lead to the buildings while large trees provide shade for studying or relaxing. Davidson’s main campus sits on over 665 acres, which can be viewed while on your campus tour.
When you plan your Davidson College campus tour, book your stay at the Davidson Village Inn. We are located within walking distance of the Davidson College campus, in the heart of downtown Davidson and Lake Norman. Our bed and breakfast is Lake Norman’s only boutique hotel, and we take great pride in providing our guests with exceptional customer service, along with the latest updates on Davidson College! Choose from one of our five room types to fit your needs. All of our rooms are beautifully appointed with private baths, luxurious linens, wireless internet and non-allergenic pillows. You are also sure to enjoy breakfast each morning including locally made baked goods, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, cheese, eggs, coffee and juices. Book your Davidson College campus tour and your room at Davidson Village Inn today!